CDC, WHO and other international organizations are currently tracking the spread of the virus SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes novel coronavirus disease 2019 (abbreviated “COVID-19”). The disease was first identified in Wuhan China, but has since spread to more than 90 other locations in China and abroad.
There is no current known treatment and prevention is the best course of action. Avoid travel to China, Korea, Iran and Italy. Additionally, take normal preventative precautions such as:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
For more a more detailed Assessment: COVID-19 Risk Assessment